Go Back  Guardians of Veeshan > Public Area > Geek Talk
User Name
Password

Old 09-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Drem
Metaphysically Challenged
Guardian Member
EQII Member WoW Member

Snake Champion! - High Score: 3335 Simon Champion! - High Score: 48 Funky Pong Champion! - High Score: 4433 Monkey Lander Champion! - High Score: 34230

Default Gaming Mouse and Pad

So I've been using the Basic Microsoft Optical Mouse for a while now and I think its a good time to upgrade. I'm thinking of going for the Logitech G5 v2 or Logitech G9. I would prefer to go for a mouse with a cord since I hate dealing with batteries and it needs to have at least 2 thumb buttons. As for mouse pad, I have no idea on what is good. Any recommendations?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Grantilis
Duke of Brell
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member WoW Member

Level: 80
Class: Paladin
Race: Dwarve

My own personal preferance is to use http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/m...es/166&cl=us,en

Comfort
Right-handed design: Space-saving design delivers all-day comfort.
Precision
Optical Marble® technology: Smooth, ultra-precise tracking. No maintenance required.
Control
Four buttons: A scroll wheel and three buttons you can customize (with included MouseWare software).
WebWheel™ software: Optimizes Web browsing.

I find it is very comfortable if unusual at first to use, but once I got used to it I cant use anything else.

Your friendly neighborhood armorsmith.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
Krynne
Guardian Member
EQII Member

Level: 70
Class: Cleric
Race: High Elf

Get an optical mouse and you don't need a mouse pad
Old 09-29-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Nathicana
Sunshine's Pookie
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Class: Warrior
Race: Night Elve
Send a message via AIM to Nathicana

I'm planning on getting a G9, have a G7 currently but it feels too narrow for my hand, also batteries on it are a non issue since it comes with 2 so one charges while the other is in use it takes me about 2secs to change the batteries.

As for mousepads i have an Xtrac ripper its nice and big i think 17" across they have clothe and hard surface pads too. As for other ones like func or noid have no clue never tried them. My friend had a ratpadz (hardsurface) he hated it it would get dirty and gunky and hard to clean his mouse also didnt track well in the center area. Whichever you get bigger is better

And Krynne get a mousepad :| even if you have optical your scratch up your desk and your mouse feet will wear out quicker and it wont glide as well...

(sorry if this post is confusing im tired...)

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/choralone.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
<A href="http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=choralone"> Read about my Xbox360's downward spiral into depression and possible suicide</a><br>
<A href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/storyeye">Click for my SteamID</a><br>
Old 09-29-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Shashonna
~*Sexy Queen of Posts*~
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Class: Hunter
Race: Blood Elve
Send a message via ICQ to Shashonna Send a message via AIM to Shashonna Send a message via MSN to Shashonna Send a message via Yahoo to Shashonna

My mouse is hot pink to match my keyboard and my mouse pad is Legolas

Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
Ewan
Keeper of Cala's Pants
Guardian Member
WoW Member

Race: Human
Send a message via AIM to Ewan Send a message via Yahoo to Ewan

I'm using an MX Laser cordless - it has a rechargeable base on it, as long as you put it on the stand every few days it's always good to go. The MX is a bit larger of a mouse, and it's got a fair amount of weight without being heavy.

I've seen the G7 cordless, and I think it comes with 2 batteries. Supposedly it's a really nice mouse as well. I'd still recommend a good pad, even with a laser. Many woodgrains still cause optical/laser mice to freak out a fair amount. I'm using just a basic mousepad right now, but if you are really going into fine movement or twitch-gaming (like TF2 coming up), I'd get a 3M precision mousing surface. It really makes a difference.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #7
Denise
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member

Name: denise
Class: Fighter
Race: Kerra
Home: Freeport

just bought a new 1 as i needed a new key board as well i got the Logitech cordless EX110 and it came with a cordless optical mouse, it is handy as a mess comes up to tell me when the battery needs changing.
Now just to say something i HATE wires they keep getting in the way so i was useing a A4 Tech mouse pad, this is state of the arc as u plug the mouse pad into comp ( u never need battery's) and the mouse runs on the pad (mouse is cordless) its done on magnets, trouble is i think i desensored the mat as the mouse started to double click every thing it was very sensertive and grt to use =) i have ordered another 1 but its taking ages to come so they have either got into trouble with the orders( to many for them) or they can't get parts so still waiting but hopefully hehe.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
Ufolia
Pally Killer of GoV
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Name: Ufolia
Class: Necromancer
Race: Dark elf
Home: Freeport

im with ewan, ive had cordless laser mice for a while now and love them. there's no issue with needing a mouse pad, i havent had one for a loong time. my mouse sits on my desk, never had any tracking probs. with the MX i had it was charged on a stand, not changing batteries. was nice if u can remember to put it on the stand when ya go to bed. charging time was short and had decent play time on full charge, and im a heavy mouse user. the pad denise used sounds cool, but doesnt have enough extra buttons for me. hmm, i might go back to my MX, this one i have im not too impressed with, im a lefty, and use primarily right handed mice, this one isnt comfy for me. just my $.02
Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
Lafe
Retreat? Dunno how.
Guardian Member
EQI Member WoW Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lafe

Try a track ball. Mice suck.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Nathicana
Sunshine's Pookie
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Send a message via AIM to Nathicana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafe
Try a track ball. Mice suck.

Mice rule. Track Balls drool!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/choralone.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
<A href="http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=choralone"> Read about my Xbox360's downward spiral into depression and possible suicide</a><br>
<A href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/storyeye">Click for my SteamID</a><br>
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
Lafe
Retreat? Dunno how.
Guardian Member
EQI Member WoW Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lafe

Mice take up room better used by other things, like naked pics of Nathi.