EQI Member EQII Member

Name: Gumit
Level: 54
Class: Swashbuckler
Race: Froglock
Home: Qeynos

Default Blast from the past!

Hey all!

Guess its been almost two years since I hung up my hat from EQ1, I have been back from time to time trolling the forums. Its nice to see everyone still around and doing well!

Anyway, as I am sure most of you have guessed I will be back for the launch of EQ2 and hopefully a long time after that for some fun times. I am leaning a bit twards good currently but I also want to play an Ogre again!

Once we figure out who will be going good/evil and have picked a server make sure to post so I can be sure to get online and join up with everyone again. Would be great to see all of the GoV'ers again!

Gummy

Can we trust the annonymous thumb monkeys?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
Drem
Metaphysically Challenged
Guardian Member
EQII Member WoW Member

Snake Champion! - High Score: 3335 Simon Champion! - High Score: 48 Funky Pong Champion! - High Score: 4433 Monkey Lander Champion! - High Score: 34230

omg, gum, where have you been? you just disappeared one day and never returned to irc we need you back!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
Brutu$k
Brubear, Brubaby, Brutusk
Guild Friend

Level: 65
Class: Shaman
Race: Ogre
Send a message via AIM to Brutu$k

Woohoo, Gummy will carry the ogrie shammy tradition into EQ2! =D

Great to hear from you man =)

---
Brutusk Bloodbone, 65 Ogre Shaman: retired as of 04/02/03
Brutusk, 80 Draenei Shaman
Loditusk, 80 Draenei Mage
Old 10-25-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
Nathicana
Sunshine's Pookie
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member WoW Member

Class: Warrior
Race: Night Elve
Send a message via AIM to Nathicana

hi gummy!!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/choralone.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
<A href="http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=choralone"> Read about my Xbox360's downward spiral into depression and possible suicide</a><br>
<A href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/storyeye">Click for my SteamID</a><br>
Old 10-25-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
Heiken
Evil Paladin
Guardian Officer
Guardian Leader
Guardian Member
EQI Member WoW Member

Level: 69
Class: Paladin
Race: Dark Elf
Chopper Challenge Champion! - High Score: 6007 Penguin Bashing Champion! - High Score: 3235 Plops Champion! - High Score: 8950

gummy! been forever bro? how the fuck are ya? i wonder from time to time what ever happend to ya good to see ya back! btw next time i make it up that way you owe me dinner!

Some call it a train I call it a good pull
Old 10-26-2004, 03:04 AM   #6
Luha
Queen of Banana's
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member

Class: Bard
Race: Human
Joust Champion! - High Score: 43800
Send a message via ICQ to Luha Send a message via AIM to Luha Send a message via Yahoo to Luha

Charasis called, said it missed you.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Austen
The Dark Gift
Guild Friend

Level: 61
Class: Cleric
Race: High Elf

Gum I'm pretty sure that eventually the staff at SOE will realize that forcing player to pick good or evil based on there race is a really dumb idea and change that policy. Haha nothing is funnier then parking my huge ogre in that little Halfling bank, right inside of the door and watching the Noobs run for there lives when they open the door! Good or evil shouldn't be based on what you are but who's playing and SOE will realize that and change it eventually. I hope.

But anyway when i finally do make the change to EQ2 you can expect me to be there,
High Elf, Cleric of Veeshan

EQ1 - Austen Dragoncreed 61 Cleric

WOW - Austen Dragoncreed 80(Protection) Paladin

SWTOR - Darkgift Sith Sorc (Madness)

Aion - Austen 46 (Templar Tank)
Old 10-26-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
Tolewyn
That Boy Ain't Right
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Level: 60
Class: Rogue
Send a message via AIM to Tolewyn Send a message via MSN to Tolewyn

I thought you could play any race based in either city. Just if you decide to play an "evil" race in Atonica you will have to "redeem" yourself by performing extra things and likewise for a "good" race playing out of Freeport. If I am wrong someone in beta let me know, but I remember seeing this somewhere. I will look for it and post the link when I find it.

“Those who hammer their guns into plows,will plow for those who do not".- Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
Dolby
Bacon wrapped Bacon
Guardian Officer
Guardian Leader

Level: 90
Race: Human
Send a message via ICQ to Dolby Send a message via AIM to Dolby Send a message via MSN to Dolby

Yes its called the betrayel(sp?) quest. At a certain level range you can do this quest and betray your city for the other one.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:49 PM   #10
Nathicana
Sunshine's Pookie
Guardian Officer
Guardian Member

Class: Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Nathicana

evil > good, becuase good is stupid...

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/choralone.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
<A href="http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=choralone"> Read about my Xbox360's downward spiral into depression and possible suicide</a><br>
<A href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/storyeye">Click for my SteamID</a><br>
Old 10-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #11
Theramor
Cowbell Hero Master
Guardian Officer
Guardian Leader

Name: Sir Theramor Laeroth
Level: 77
Race: High Elf
Send a message via AIM to Theramor Send a message via MSN to Theramor

Quote from Dark Helmet....

Quote:
Evil will always win, because good is dumb!

Good to see ya again Gummy! Yeah, there will be a GoV in EQ2. They haven't released the server names yet so we're not sure what we're doing. Tho I'm betting that if there is a Veeshan server, we'll be there.

As for the Good/Evil thing, I was thinking of perhaps a good and evil GoV......just to cover all the bases.....tho like which server we'll be on nothing has been decided yet.

T

Fear the Large Trout!!!

EQ1 - Theramor Laeroth - Level 65 Cleric - Retired
Old 10-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #12
Tarkoth
Atheina, Bloodhoof, WoW
Guardian Member
EQII Member

Level: 66
Class: Enchanter
Race: Barbarian
Send a message via AIM to Tarkoth Send a message via Yahoo to Tarkoth

Have good side players be Guardians of Veeshan... have the evil side players be Betrayers of Veeshan.

To preserve the story for EQ2 there has to be good and evil... and im sorry... but Ogres and Trolls and DE's have never started out good... they been bad bad monkeys. So they HAVE to start in the evil city... but you can betray Freeport and head over to Qeynos around lvls 12-18 i think thru the Betrayl quest. This is also true for Goodie two shoes races that all of the sudden wanna be bad boys/gals.

This restriction in city choice is also not limited to race but class as well... you can't be a paladin in Freeport... Lucan wouldn't allow it hehe... so you'd have to take your Ogre butt.... betray your city... and join Qeynos to learn the holy strength needed for Paladin.

MMM.... Ogre Paladin... I shall bless my halfling meal before i eat it... YUM!

Just for the record... my main will be a Kerran Coercer... first alt will be a Troll Dirge (Bard).
Old 10-26-2004, 05:51 PM   #13
Gumgrol
Head Off-Center
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member

Wow, good to hear from everyone again. Still a lot of the old crew hanging around! I just sorta got tired of EQ one day and stopped. Life was got a little busy and I couldn't spend as much time online, and well I am sure you know how it is I think the hardships of EQ just grated on me a bit too much one week, which is too bad since it is definately the MMORPG I have the most time invested into.

I spent a lot of time looking at this current generation of MMOs, and through a lot of analysis I decided EQ2 is the one for me. I was leaning twards WoW for the longest time, but when I finally thought about it the game has evolved from one I was really looking forward to playing into a game that has a lot of the features I have disliked in other MMOs. Honestly I think playing with the old gang again had something to do with me picking EQ2 also

The race/class choice for me is a tough one. So any input is welcome. I would love to go Ogre Shaman again. But as the race with the lowest starting wisdom I question thier viability. Any word on how they might play in EQ2? Also I have always had a place in my heart for Queynos so I would rather be good than evil. But I guess there is always the option of betray. Hopefully it isn't too hard to do. Here is the big list of things I am tossing around at the moment, I went with races I like then some classes within them:

Ogre/Warrior
Ogre/Brawler
Ogre/Shaman
Gnome/Sorcerer
Gnome/Rogue
Erudite/Sorcerer
Erudite/Priest

I will keep checking back for any news about the launch!

Old 10-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #14
Brutu$k
Brubear, Brubaby, Brutusk
Guild Friend

Class: Shaman
Race: Ogre
Send a message via AIM to Brutu$k

From the guild charter:

"remember that everyone in this clan is bonded under one common goal. There is no fighting among Paladins and Necromancers, Rogues and Warriors, etc. We all abandoned our old beliefs when we entered the arms of Veeshan. We are her children now, and the only fighting we have with our own is done in fun and games."

I assume that is trans-racial as well!

That being said, I still have a distaste for barbarian shammys.

---
Brutusk Bloodbone, 65 Ogre Shaman: retired as of 04/02/03
Brutusk, 80 Draenei Shaman
Loditusk, 80 Draenei Mage
Old 10-26-2004, 08:00 PM   #15
Gumgrol
Head Off-Center
Guardian Member
EQI Member EQII Member

I was just looking at http://stationplayers.station.sony.com/ if you look at the take the tour section an Everquest 2 servers screen frame pops up. And one of the servers on it is Veeshan, good news, not a real screen, you decide